Monday, June 27, 2011

(Im)Patiently Waiting!!!!

Well, it has just been raining like crazy here...rain almost every day!  It has REALLY helped our garden grow fast.  Aside from the peppers that we lost recently from being over-fertilized, ( aa-hemm...NOT by ME)  everything seems to be doing really good!  I'm SO looking forward to harvesting and canning that I can barely contain myself! LOL!  The blackberry bushes are loaded down too and just barely beginning to turn red, I saw only two black ones and ate the only one I could reach, it was little, usually they're really big berries!  I'm planning on making blackberry jelly for the first time this year.  Y'all wish me luck!  Although I watched my parents make it year after year, I've never helped with it nor attempted making it on my own.  Maybe I can call Daddy if I get stuck or have problems!  We have been out of sweet refrigerator pickles for a couple of months now and almost out of relish from last summer, so I'm ready whenever the garden is...

This is the difference in our "front" garden within 12 days...you can barely see the corn in the "back" garden...but it has grown ALOT too!

I've seen a bunch of rabbits hanging out in our backyard.  They really are cute but I DON'T like them hanging out in my garden for too long!!!  Also, a deer has been spotted crossing the road by both my hubby and I.. hmmmphh!  I'd love to watch deer from our porch, but only when I dont have any gardens in the backyard!  Then there's the family of squirrels STILL hanging out!  I saw a rabbit and a squirrel making conversation out in the driveway last week...LOL!  Wish I had a picture of it to share with you!

Instead, I have some cute pictures of my favorite little buddy...

...catching fireflies...
...and making faces :P...

Have a great weekend everybody!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment